I created this blog to follow my Life and Times at Info. Sciences High. I wanted to track my thoughts and learnings and experiences, perhaps get a jump start on a thesis with this baby. Something. The problem is I now work 3 jobs during 13-hour days. So while I am thinking and learning and experiencing more than the average bear, I have no time to report said thinkings and, well, you know. Sadly, this may become a weekly blog *she laughs "as if it weren't already!"*
This week: the necessity of diagrams in information sciences textbooks.

I thought graduate curriculum work was abstract. It ain't got nothin' on four different definitions of a "book" - work, expression, manifestation and item, in case you were wondering. All with very specific definitions and interactions and all pretty worthless to my understanding without some kind of visual aid. They look like glorified outlines, but then it all made sense. I'm actually getting this stuff. But only if somebody helps me out with some pretty pictures to explain all these abstractions and can't-keep-up-with-itself terminology. I swear to you, this diagram is helpful.
No comments:
Post a Comment