Monday, June 18, 2007

Save the Nashville Public Library!

Our fabulous Nashville Public Library is in danger of budget cuts resulting in limited staffing and possible Sunday closures. Check out the City Paper's article (scroll down for the NPL mention), check out Jules's response and then go save the library (there's a nifty little send-to-all-councilmembers option). They vote TOMORROW!

Here's what I wrote:

“Good Morning All!

I wanted to send a brief note of encouragement as you review budget requirements for our beautiful Nashville Public Library. The City Paper recently wrote about the possibility of budget cuts resulting in limited staffing and even closing the five downtown branches on Sundays. I’m sure you know how invaluable free information and community resources are to a citizenship and NPL is no exception. With brilliant children’s programming, the Nashville Room and other unmatched services, NPL deserves all the personal and monetary support it can get.

An interesting side note: I live in Williamson County. I was alerted to the danger of NPL cuts by someone living in Rutherford County. The Nashville Public Library certainly has friends from all over that wish it a long and luxurious life.

Thanks for your time, and I hope to see you soon at the library!

Bryn Samuels”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for spreading the word!