I need to take a second and reflect on where I am. I'm currently at home, with my new computer (because I'm getting ready for an online M.S. program this Fall - Go Vols!), my broken elbow, Berkeley Breathed's Mars Needs Moms on my to-be-reviewed pile and this shout-out from Jules at 7-Imp. Two weeks. Just over two weeks I've been blogging here trying to be all professional-like and, like so many happenings in the past few years of my Life, I am amazed. I wish I had time to be more eloquent about my respect for blogging and bloggers, librarians and children's lit lovers, this world that celebrates books and kids/kids-at-heart, this weird, compelling desire to say something and have it mean anything. But not only do I have to go tutor in about 30 minutes, I suspect I can sum it up pretty quickly: it's just enjoyable. It's something I would do anyway. If a blogger writes an entry in the cyberforest and no one reads it, was it really posted? I believe so. Because it's all about getting the word out on some amazing twigs and leaves of literature as the kiddos go stumbling about the woods.
Thanks to Jules and even Fuse linked my eggs review (good grief, my heart stopped when I saw my name in lights), anonymous authors, SLJ bloggers, LM_NET and Ning well-wishers, friends, Mom. I could not be more thrilled the Journey's brought me here to this little corner of Happiness.
Hmmm, waxing poetic in five minutes ... good thing LM_NET Top Ten is tonight.
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Not even a problem. You were clever and linked your review to the book's Amazon page. Google Blogsearch missed you on a first try, but Amazon led me to you straightaway. Cheers!
Post a Comment