LM_NET Top Ten:
10. Great list of books for staff summer reading
9. Are librarians babysitters?
- When I first read this post I had to ask myself "If we feel like babysitters EVER, WE need to be proactive." I don't know how I feel about this being a valid complaint for any teacher/teacher librarian in this day and age. Sounds like a good opportunity to have a conversation with your administration and colleagues about the important role of a teacher librarian.
8. Peter Answers - The mystery/hoax explained, but just save it until after you amaze all your friends!
7. Awesome Dewey Decimal Scavenger Hunt in WebQuest format
6. The Amazing Race goes to school
- Someone asked if there is a reading/library program based on the reality TV show "The Amazing Race," that would explore books around the world? I have to say I think it's a great idea and am eagerly awaiting a HIT on this one.
5. They thought they could get rid of us...
4. listserv vs. wiki vs. blog vs. ning
- back-and-forth discussion about where LM_NET fits best and I gotta' say socially, I'm leaning toward Ning, but resourcewise I might vote for a wiki. Thanks, AGAIN, to Joyce Valenza for both. What an amazing woman!
3. Debbie Reese and her fabulous blog on American Indians in Children's Literature
- I've read a bunch of her postings and discussions on child_lit and just realized she also visits LM_NET. She IS THE definitive source for checking oneself before blindly promoting yet another stereotypical "Indian" book to use in yet another "diversity" or "mutlicultural" unit.
2. Are you ordering the 7th Harry Potter for your library?
- You mean this question is actually an "if"? I didn't know this was an option entertained in civil society. BTW, 8th Harry Potter rumors stop here. It's going to be more Silmarillion/encyclopaedic than an eighth episode. BUT this HP bit is not a rumor.
- This one gets a special shout-out because this woman posts the most random, don't-want-to-admit-it intriguing links on the list. I love seeing her name pop up.
Really, what I need to do is just stop finding everything so darn interesting that I want to write about it. I want to explore it all and share with the world! Put that on my list of "when I'm an X-Man" powers list.
No comments:
Post a Comment